Hello, world. Welcome to "Manipulation and Social Media". In this blog, I'm going to be talking about...wait for it....Manipulation and Social Media. I've been on the internet for quite awhile, however, this is my first foray into the world of blogging. So please excuse my first few posts, they might less than the standard of quality that your use to. I apologize beforehand.
Some of you might be asking yourself, what is "Manipulation" and "Social Media"? Well, you know what social media is, obviously, and if you don't know what manipulation is, then check out an online dictionary. It's the internet, you can find out anything.
So, you ever notice how everyone and their mother has a facebook? I'm not just talking about people either. Type in 'Pizza Hut' and you get four different 'pages'. I'd bet my bottom dollar, that Pizza Hut isn't posting pictures of their crew either.
Seems to me like those pages are more of a nuisance. Just because I like 7-Eleven doesn't mean I need to go 'like' their facebook page. It's not like those free big-gulp deals ever actually pan out, anyways. So what's the point?
And for some reason noone has thought to say "Hey, let's get rid of the 7-Eleven facebook page. It really serves no purpose." This is essentially the theme for my blog. How are we being manipulated, if at all, via Social Networks.
Hi Braden
ReplyDeleteVery interesting topic and perspective! By giving the masses control over creating media and the message we definitely change the conversation and give more people a chance to influence perception. I am looking forward to reading your posts this semester.
- Jon
Braden, It would be interesting for you to state both your pros and cons, so that your recent blog has a bit more context :)
ReplyDelete